Government, meet startups.
Government departments signing up to the program will be asked to define a public sector challenge that would benefit from innovative thinking and new technologies. Working in a de-risked sandbox environment, government personnel will collaborate with startup founders to co-design solutions that benefit all Victorians.
Startups, meet Government
Starting with a public sector challenge, startups admitted to the three-month program will be co-located with government personnel and supported with funding, mentors, and resources as they design and develop prototypes. The program offers a path to procurement for Victorian startups.
“It’s a win-win situation.”
Minister for Innovation and the Digital Economy Philip Dalidakis
Benefits for Government
- Better technological solutions: An opportunity to collaborate with startups to create innovative, technology-enabled solutions to address public sector’s needs.
- De-risked environment: While working with startups can be seen as ‘risky’, we’ve designed a program that de-risks that on behalf of Government.
- Improved procurement: Procurement will no longer just be a transactional process, but a transformative one.
- Public Sector savings: The end solution will provide better value for money than traditional procurement pathways.
Benefits for Startups
- Financial support: Funding and mentorship for Victorian startups to work alongside government to solve live public-sector challenges.
- Pathways to procurement: Understanding and having access to Government procurement contracts.
- Opportunity to make an impact: Working on public sector challenges that can make a real difference in the everyday lives of Victorians
- Learning environment: A deep learning experience for startups to better understand Government processes and how they can benefit from them.